Depending on your web hosting package or hosting service plan that you selected, the following hosting features may be available for your websites (listed at the Account > Hosting Options tab):
- SSL/TLS support. This allows you to secure connections to websites with SSL/TLS encryption.
- Web statistics. This allows you to view website visits statistics presented in diagrams and charts.
- Custom error documents. This allows you to create custom HTML pages and configure web server to show them instead of typical error messages, such as
404 Not Found.
- Support for programming and scripting languages, such as PHP, CGI, Perl, Python, SSI.
- Additional write/modify permissions (Windows). This option allows web applications to use a file-based database (like Jet) located in the root of the
- Allow web users to use scripts. This allows scripting at web pages available at URLs like http://example.com/~<username>/<webpage>, where <username> refers to a web user. Web users are individuals who do not need their own domain names. This service is popular with educational institutions that host non-commercial personal pages of their students and staff.