You can easily fix this error by going into the site manager and adjusting your connection details to use plain FTP. Follow these steps to fix the problem:
- In FileZilla, click on “File” menu and choose “Site Manager”
- Add the site or server you want to connect to if it’s not already in site manager.
- Add hostname
- change encryption to “only use plain FTP”
- Change logon type “Normal”
- Enter username/password.
- Click on Connect to continue
If the problem still persists, please disable your firewall then try once more! If it still fails, here is what you need to do:
- Open Filezilla, go to Edit -> Settings
- Click on Connection -> FTP: Choose Active
- Click on Connection -> FTP -> Active Mode: Select “Ask your operating system for the external IP address”
- Click on Connection -> FTP -> Passive Mode: Choose Fall Back to Active Mode
- Press OK.
Try connecting to your FTP again!